Wednesday, July 29, 2009

If you build it, they will come

Allrighty, so that's a cheesy line from the film Field of Dreams. I'm not even sure if I ever saw that film. But, I like idea. It keeps coming to me.

Lately, I've been getting back in touch with my intuition. That feels good. I'm all about feeling good. Following my intuition creates more fun, ease, and mystery in life. You can't necessarily see how things are going to turn out, but you know they will.

So, I've been really wanting to quit my day job. I've just been waiting until my husband gets a book or two published or whatever he needs to do to start supporting us. He is on his way with that, so I've kinda just been waiting. However, today I just started thinking, "What if..." I thought I didn't want a different job because what I really thought I wanted was no job. Well, I think that may be true. However, what's wrong with a BETTER job in the interim? The trouble was, I was having a hard time envisioning what might be better.

So, I got stuck.

And that was so silly.

Today, I began to envision what would be better. Here is what I envisioned:

* I work 10-15 hours/week.
* I work from home or wherever.
* I can look, act, or dress however I like.
* I make at least $60/hour. To start.
* I work when I feel like it.
* I play when I feel like it.
* Work feels like play.

Now that sounds like a job worth having. Maybe I'll even keep it when I achieve Trophy Wife status. Maybe.

If I truly believe in Law of Attraction (which I do--I've seen it work hundreds of times), why can't I create this? Of course I can! (Another thought was "Why didn't I just create the Trophy Wife job I am also after?" But oh well. The intuition is leading me here. Maybe I am more than a trophy wife. Ha.)

I've been feeling like I would move on from my regular job. I didn't see how. Once I was willing to move forward with the feeling of quitting my job for something better, better ideas of jobs began to come to me. My intuition was telling me to just quit. It actually gave me a specific date the other day, which really rather freaked me out. (It's soon!) But now it is giving me a more specific plan and the understanding that no matter how I do it, all is well. I can transition quickly or I can transition more gradually. All is well. I will get there either way.

Ahhhhhh.

So, what is it?
I'm not totally sure yet!
Ha.
I'm planning the following:
* Law of Attraction coaching using Skype
* Astrological coaching separately or as an adjunct
* Possibly proofreading/editing services for things I'd like to read
* Possibly writing projects


Fee: $1/minute(to start)

I have to get on with figuring out all the details of how it will work, but first I wanted to declare it.

Universe, you are on notice: I'm creating new dharma that I love! I do what I want when I want. My husband and I are free to pursue our creative, abundant, fun destinies. We get paid well. I live a healthy, balanced, creative, fun life. It's getting better and better.

5 comments:

Amy said...

This is wonderful, Terri!

Do you follow Christine Kane at all? She had a call last night that I think would be very useful to you right now. I'm not sure if there will be a recording available of it or not - I'll keep an eye out!

beemodern said...

You don't want to be a trophy wife. We saw lots of them in Phoenix, and my daughter works with/for/around many. Trophy wives have limited "career" spans and spend most of their time working out, going for cosmetic surgery, to dermatologists, and visiting salons in a sad attempt to prolong the day their replacement takes over. Basically, they live in the lap of luxury until someone younger woman appeals to their husbands; and while they are living in the lap of luxury, they are riddled with anxiety about maintaining their status and lifestyle through Mr. Man.

Ewww.

Terri said...

Well, it's me and Kevin, though! It wouldn't be like THAT!!! Silly.

Trophy wife for me = no job. maybe pedicures. possibly tattoos. yoga classes. laser hair removal maybe. sleeping in. pink hair if I feel like it. nice vacations. sexy clothes. eye brow waxing. meditation retreats. trips to the coast. trips to Alaska? trips to Milwaukee. Whatever books I want from Amazon. Astrology conferences and/or classes. Funky art. New back porch. Hammock. Sauna and/or hot tub. I could go on...

MORE time with my LOVING husband. Trust in that relationship.

This career is unlimited. :D

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to think about that. It's fun.

Terri said...

Trips to Portland. ::waves at Portland friends::

Terri said...

Thanks, Amy. I'm not familiar with her. I'll have to look into it.