Thursday, November 6, 2008

Manifestory: Elephants

Yesterday, I was having a conversation with a colleague about manifesting. We were ruminating over why we could not just snap our fingers and produce something. Her example was an elephant. She wanted to know why she couldn't really produce an elephant right there.

I said, "That is annoying. Let's manifest that we go see Abraham and ask them that question."

And she said, "Abraham will just say that if I really believed it I could."

I said, "Hrmph. Yeah. I think you don't really want an elephant here, either."

She said, "Well, maybe a baby elephant. And then I could just *snap* and say 'back to your mother.'"

It was a fun conversation. Semi-serious exploration into the nature of manifesting and our abilities therein.

Today, as I was trying to get my kid ready for preschool, he kept bugging me to go upstairs with him. Then he made me wait outside the bedroom, because he had a surprise for me. Time was short and my patience was getting a little short, but I was trying to be a nice mommy, so I went for it all. When he called me in, he handed me something wrapped up in his swim trunks. (His creative version of wrapping paper in the moment. He's like Secret Agent Sydney Bristow from the TV show Alias. He uses what he has.)

So he said, "Happy Christmas!" And handed me this:



The only message I can glean from this is to trust the universal timing and delivery? Because, really, this was much more charming than if we had actually gotten an elephant to show up at work. In reality, that probably would not have been so great.

As my friend would say, "The universe is so cool!"

No comments: