Monday, August 3, 2009

It's not about following the rules. It's about following your heart.

Hold on to your hats, manifestational world, I've got a biggie comin' atcha...

I believe my vision board is coming down.

I want it to work. I don't want to give up on it. But quite frankly, I'm a little sick of it. It's been up in front of my desk for over 2 years now. I don't think I've really gotten any of the things on it yet. Hmmm. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong. They are "supposed to" work, right? They are "supposed to" work even as a subconscious thing, I thought.

Well, I found a new piece of artwork that I would like to use to replace the defunct vision board.



For some reason, I feel she is going to inspire me more than my vision board. I love her. She's beautiful. She's unique. She's sexy. She's holding a freakin' gun! That's so funny. I'm not into guns! But it is an old-timey Buck Rogers gun. How can you not love it? And I feel like it reminds me to embrace the things that I don't think are me in order to be more. Or in order to just be the ALL.

It reminds me of that phrase, "If you see the Buddha, kill him." I've seen some interpretations of that phrase that don't please me for some reason. To me, it means that we cannot take anything for granted. Everything the Buddha is about is to not kill. But if we take it too seriously, if we get stuck in dogma or hero worship, we are lost.

So, I've got my Buck Rogers gun all trained and ready for if the Buddha comes a-knockin'. And I'm gonna use it to take down the ole vision board.

And I might just need some pink hair before all this is over.

So, how will this help me more than my vision board? I guess because I am just seeing past my vision board now. It's just a jumble of stuff. Space Chick has more meaning, more oomph, more soul. She makes me HAPPY. And that's the best thing.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Interesting and disappointing to hear about the vision board. I just got the supplies to start mine last night!!!

I plan on doing a lot of prep work before diving in, though. I'm going to follow Julia Cameron/Christine Kane's guides for that.

Terri said...

Too funny, Amy. Well, I've heard tell they work for other folks. Maybe I did not look at it enough. Heh. I'll be interested to hear how yours does.

I've actually thought about putting the stuff in a box. I think they call it a treasure box. Or something like that. And then giving it more focused attention. I'll see what I feel like.