Sunday, August 2, 2009

Everything Starts with (Disciplined) Thought

Everything starts with a thought. I woke up with that thought in my mind. I began to ruminate on it. I believe this is true. Thought is the first thing. It is akin to vibration. In my mind, they are close, yet not the same. And your vibration is your point of attraction. What does this mean on a practical level? To me, it means it is important to be disciplined in our thoughts. I have seen this make a big difference in everything that happens around me. It's the most awesome magic.

Yet "discipline" sometimes feels almost like a dirty word to me. I can't seem to decide. I sometimes want to be disciplined and I sometimes very much don't want to be disciplined. I know when I am, everything runs smoother. Perhaps the answer is in changing my thought about discipline. Or perhaps it is in following my intuition about what I need right then: discipline or not. But mostly, what I am thinking about in these situations when I rebel against discipline is discipline of ACTION. (Is the word discipline starting to look and sound weird to anyone else? You know how that is when you say or write a word too many times? All of a sudden, I was like, "What a WEIRD word!")

Anyway, back to what I was saying. I think I may have just figured it out. I can see how discipline of ACTION comes and goes in how it feels. Sometimes I want to and sometimes I don't. However, discipline of THOUGHT and VIBRATION always feels good to me. Why is that? Because it always yields results. It is consistent with the law of attraction. It does not matter what you are DOING so much as what you are BEING while you do the things you do. When disciplined action comes from an inspired place, it feels good. When it comes from a forced place, not so good. When we discipline our thoughts, everything around us falls into place. Life flows. We are inspired to take action and that action yields us the results we want. And sometimes it doesn't even matter because inspired action in and of itself feels good. (All this thought of my mine here and directly below is most likely inspired by Abraham.)

Because, really, it is all about feeling good. When we feel good, we attract good. It is sacred selfishness. And it spills love out to the whole world.

So let the dishes sit if you must, but focus on wonderful, happy thoughts of clean dishes. Before you know it, those dishes will get done. Either by you in a happy way or someone else. Or you'll just decide to be happy and not care about the dishes. I have seen this happen in myself a number of times. When I look at something in my home in distaste, it persists. I have no desire to deal with it. When I look at it and think, "Ok, what is it that I DO want?" When I think, "I want that surface clean and tidy," then it changes my feeling and I am now compelled to clean and tidy it. And feel good about it. Or someone else comes along and does it (which is fun, too.)

This post again inspired by Christine Kane by way of Amy. Thanks ladies. As Christine says in that article, I had no idea what I was going to write when I started this post. But, this is just what I do.

No comments: