Monday, October 13, 2008

Currently Reading: Five Wishes



I'm in the process of reading the above book right now. I am on his third wish right now, I think. It's an easy read, and I'm enjoying it. I have not read any books by Hendricks before, but I'm thinking I might with my current refocus on my relationship. He's all about the relationships.

So far, I like the idea of the book. The central question is, (from page 17) "If you told me on your deathbed that your life had not been a success, what would be the things you'd wish had happened that would have made it a success?" And it goes on from there. The question creates a sense of urgency and focus.

I hope to go through the process myself (not my deathbed!) when I'm done with the book and see what I come up with as 5 things that would make my life more successful.

I think this is a potentially handy tool, especially if you would like to inject a little more passion into your life and goals. I'm trying to keep things simple for myself and not work with too many tools at once. However, whatever keeps the things you want in your life in the forefront of your mind is great. What you think about you create.

Now, go forth and wish.

No comments: