Monday, October 27, 2008

Celebrations of Results: My Trip!

I'm BACK!

First of all, I'm So. Grateful! I had such a great trip. It was amazing. It was completely guided. I was so taken care of! I just realized last night that I had opened myself up to being more taken care of by my husband and others. Wow!

I had wanted to make a trip to see my friend in Alaska, who is having a very hard time right now, but I didn't really have it in my budget. A woman up there had contacted me a while ago and we had been corresponding. She knew of the whole situation and offered that I could stay with her. That just opened me right up.

Once I realized I had a place I could afford to stay, I checked on my mileage with Alaska Airlines. I had exactly the right amount to buy a ticket (from when I signed up for their credit card a year ago). Then the same woman offered that she would figure everything out and drive me around. I was a little apprehensive, so I asked another friend to come with me. My hostess had no problem whatsoever with me bringing a friend, and even offered that I could bring my 3 year old! And she would babysit! I left my 3 year old at home, but it was still an amazing offer.

I don't want to go into too many details, but I do want to point out that we adored our hostess and her husband. They were THE most gracious and interesting people. They housed us, they drove us around, they let us use their car, they fed us. It was amazing. All because they wanted to help. Really wonderful people.

The funny thing is that the situation with my friend is pretty sad. So I did not think this would be a "fun" trip. Plus, this was the first time I'd left my kid overnight. For two nights. However, everyone at home, before I even left kept saying how much fun I was going to have. I was thinking, "I don't really think so..." And even reminded them WHY I was going, and everyone just kept giving me the message it would be great. So, I decided to get on the bandwagon and say "It will be fun." And even for my daily focus, my affirmation was "my trip is charmed". And it was!

Even though my friend is in a terrible situation, we did have fun, all three of us. Another woman popped out of the woodwork, who I just adored as well, and happened to be from my hometown! I was totally taken care of. I saw an old friend. I met 3 new friends. I spent time with a friend with whom I seem to not get enough time. And I spent minimal money on a trip that could have cost me well over $1000. Oh, AND I LOST WEIGHT! Perfect, perfect. And those are just the big things. Little things happened everywhere that were hilarious, fun, and completely guided and care-taking. It was amazing.

Thank you, Universe!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

No comments: