Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Results Celebration: Dayum, My Man is Good!

All day today, I just kept asking Kevin if he had read my blog. He kept saying, "No."

If you read my earlier entry, you may remember that I wrote:

My husband is successful. He takes great care of me. (Interesting, noticing a little resistance to that last sentence. Must be my independent woman upbringing. I'll try again.) My husband takes great care of me. I allow my husband to take great care of me. I LOVE it when my husband takes care of me. It feels good to have him take care of me. I can still take care of myself. It is just nice to have someone help. I allow the flow of well-being that comes to me through my husband. It is all the same well-being. I always have access to it. The universe sends me well-being. I am well-being. I allow it. Sometimes it comes through my husband. Sometimes it comes from other places. But, in truth, my husband does take great care of me. He cooks and cleans and takes care of the children. He does the laundry. He does sweet things for me. He compliments me. He is working on our financial future all the time. He is developing his artistic abilities. He takes great care of all of us!


Now, everything I wrote above is true. It wasn't some namby-pamby, new age, "I wish it were true." Actual, real true. My husband does those things for me. Today he went way beyond in The. Coolest. Ways.

Example #1: I have just decided in the last day or so I'd like to exercise more AND spend more quality time with my son. I decided I would try doing some sort of exercise with him. Today, I decided to walk together this afternoon. I added the dog into the mix to sweeten the deal for the 3 year old. The only probably was that the 3 year old had already decided to be Tarzan 2. Basically, that means he just takes most of his clothes off. So, to go for my walk, I'd have to get him dressed first. I casually mentioned it to my husband and about 5 minutes later, Tarzan 2 comes down fully dressed. As I'm marvelling at all of this, my sweet husband is getting the collar, harness, sweater, and leash on the dog. Yes, he wore all those things. Yes, my husband put all those things on him. Basically, I had to do almost NOTHING in order to get on my high maintenance walk. Oh, and as I was walking out, Kevin called my name. I turned around and he handed me a bag for if the dog did his business. OMG! Talk about care-taking! For ALL of us!

After all this, I just laughed and asked if he'd read my blog. No.

Then I have to go back to work. (I was on a split shift.) While I was at work, he continued to do the laundry, took the kids to the grocery store, and made dinner. At one point in the day, he casually mentioned that all of Tarzan 2's underwear was in his drawer. It passed over my head until I did a "WHAT?" about 3 hours later. My husband has done the laundry for years. Sometimes better than others. Usually, it gets into a basket. Then my mother will fold it (she lives with us). Then it will just sit. And sit. And sit. For some reason, he didn't have it in him to take it all the way. I try to put it away. But sometimes for some reason or another, I don't get to it. And then it's in like 3 different baskets and it's a big mess. I should not even be saying this, because I don't want to recreate this old situation except for the fact that I want you, dear reader, to understand magnitude of the fact that the laundry MADE IT UPSTAIRS AND INTO THE DRAWERS WITHOUT ME! Today. For perhaps the first day ever.

Oh man, do I love having my husband take care of me!

It is so awesome!

I'm going to allow that much more. Wow. He also mentioned that he has been working on keeping things clutter-free. I have been working on cleaning things more too. It is getting better and better around here.

My home is getting better and better and I am more and more cared for! Wow.

Love it.

No comments: