Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Manifestory: Experimenting on the Kids

Quick story. (Mostly because I don't remember the exact details.)

One night last week, Kevin and I were sitting on the porch while our kids + 1 were running around our yard. Kevin is a bit stressed and sick these days from quitting smoking. He's getting better every day. But he also was a bit stressed by the way the kids were playing. He was having a really hard time relaxing, and he kept commenting (a nice way to put it) on how stressful it was and how he didn't like the way the kids were playing. It was pretty crazy and annoying for our little after-dinner coffee break on the porch.

So, I said, "Hey, let's do an experiment."

I said some words like, "These are all great kids. They are just having fun. They can do it in a harmonious way. We've seen it happen before. They certainly can play nicely now." I don't know exactly what I said, but it was something we could believe. It was MAGIC. Their energy shifted right before our eyes, they all started playing nicer, and then shortly thereafter, the kid who wasn't ours left. It was very cool.

The end. (for now)

No comments: