Thursday, September 11, 2008

What I'm Watching: Abraham Hicks, The Law of Attraction in Action, I



So this is what I just finished watching. If you are at all drawn to it, I highly recommend it. Someone at Netflix warned that it's just filmed in a hotel. Well, yes, it is. But the production quality is high enough that it didn't bother me.

Let me take just a minute to explain something about Abraham-Hicks, because I don't think I have yet. Abraham is a non-physical group entity which shares blocks of thought with Esther Hicks. Esther Hicks translates the blocks of thought into words and shares them with everyone else. This began a long time ago (over 20 years?), mostly as answers to questions that her very inquisitive husband, Jerry, had. Now, they travel all over the U.S., answering questions for interested parties in seminars. So, it is one of these seminars that is filmed for this DVD and 5 or 6 others in the series. If you specifically want to learn more about Abraham the information they share, go here.

So, this is what is sometimes called "channeled material". Abraham (speaking through Esther) addresses that in the DVD. I cannot remember right now for some reason exactly what they talk about. Mostly, I think, about sharing the information with others, who may have some resistance to the idea of information coming from the "non-physical", as they say. They reference how so many people doing so many different things are channeling every day, including when a sports hero makes a great move. Channeling non-physical energy into the physical. It is so natural, we all do it all the time. But for some reason, in this now-time, people are resistant to KNOWING that they do it. So, anyway, that's what Abraham is.

What else Abraham is, that I LOVE, is hilarious. I think anyone claiming to know anything in the arena of spirituality and LIFE who is not having fun, who is not enjoying the ride, does not really know too much. At least at any rate, it's not someone I want to learn from! So, in addition to being very informative, the Abraham-Hicks books and DVDs are fun.

They have at least 6 different DVDs available right now (and growing, I'm sure) that are similar in this format. This is the first one I've watched, but I definitely want to watch more. I have been looking at them a lot, and they were a series called The Law of Attraction in Attraction. It seems they are changing the titles, just in the past few days. I am really drawn to the former #4, which has been changed to be called "Chill Out!"



Just yesterday, Zane said to me, "Mom, you really need to take a chill pill." I guess I'll take it as a sign from the universe! (Of course, I also told him that I would appreciate him speaking to his dear sweet loving mother in a more respectful way.) Anyway, right after that happened, I saw that Volume IV has a big section on "chilling out", so I was drawn to it. Now, today, I see that they changed the TITLE to "Chill Out". So funny. This is how the universe works. Ya gotta pay attention!

So, anyway, I'm going to move on to my daily focus now, before I move on to my day in physical reality. I'm going to share during the daily focus a quote from the DVD last night. This quote was specifically formulated as an intention for a motivational speaker and is applicable to anyone in a speaking, writing, or teaching situation. (I know that right now my biggest population of readers are writers, so it's appropriate!)

Keep on Manifesting!
t

No comments: