Sunday, September 28, 2008

Manifestory: Luke!

I thought I'd take a moment to tell a quick manifestory.

I very much remember the moment when I started to bring our dog, Luke, into our lives. We stopped at our neighbor's house on the way home from walking to the store. We were new to the neighborhood. We had just met her recently. She was an idyllic picture, in her front yard, doing some gardening.

Just to set the stage a little, she is a beautiful woman, who lives with her family in a house from around 1900. It's very well cared for. They have a gorgeous white picket fence in front, lined with beautiful rose bushes. As she took a break from working in the front yard to chat with us (I could go on and say she was wearing a flowing white dress, but I think it was really a green tanktop, crop jeans and a cowboy hat), her three little dogs are running around, chasing each other. One's a yorkie, another's a yorkie poo (1/2 poodle), and the smallest is the yorkie poo's pup. So cute! As we're admiring the dogs, she just picks one up and hands it to each of us. Yeah, we fell in love that day. With all of them.

Fast forward about 3 months. The yorkie (who had been our favorite) had pups the day after our wedding anniversary. We ended up getting one of them 2 days after Christmas (for a great deal because by now we were all good friends).



He must know I'm talking about him, because he just came and begged me for a treat.

Funny, I just realized, that this past summer, we ended up hosting all the dogs in our front yard quite a few times. So, I had the COMPLETE experience of having not just 2 or 3 little dogs running around in a cute little pack, but all FOUR of them. That was really fun. So, not only did I manifest the dog, but I manifested almost the EXACT scenario (minus the gardening, because really, I'm not into that right now). Interesting. And I wouldn't even have noticed that if I hadn't stopped to write this story. Very interesting.

The treat hound is back on my leg. Gosh. He's so darn CUTE! And smart. He tells us all the time what he wants. Just now, I had to let him upstairs, so he could look out his favorite window.









(I seem to tell longer stories than I plan.)

Now I know that having 4 little dogs in their yard going nuts might not be everyone's idea of fun, but it sure was mine. It was especially fun for my 3 year old, which I loved, too!

And it all goes back to that moment in the driveway of my friend's yard, when I said to myself, "I want that!" And so it is.

No comments: